While having ladies night out last week, we were talking about stuff we were “too old” for. It was a rather hilarious list and mid-rant, my friend/coworker/travel soulmate Annie looked at me and said, “Jess you should blog about this!”
Well, Annie is a smart woman, and after thinking about it a bit more (plus with my birthday just two months away), I think she is right. Okay, I really don’t think I’m old, that’s said in jest.
And thus, below is my list of things I’ve decided I’m “too old for.”
- Girl drama
- Dry humping. Seriously, if we’re doing that, we want to do more, stop it or start it
- People who are consistently negative forces in my life
- Being unhappy (separate from the “bad” days)
- Jagermeister/Bacardi/Goldschlager. SO MUCH PAIN
- Back-less tops
- Non-Bermuda-length shorts
- Fish-face kisses. Shit is gross y’all
- Rager nights w/o a disco nap first
- Trying to make people who don’t like me, like me
- Staying in divey, dumpy hostels (ironically, that might be happening, not by my own choice)
- Being afraid. I know what I want. Time to be strong enough to go get it
- Chairs with no back support (that’s not comfortable at any age)
- Moshing. I just want to listen to the music!
- Liking or dating men who treat me badly
- Being painfully hungover. Although it does still happen (sometimes)
So some of the things on this list are more serious than others, but, I think they all apply.
What are you too old for?