16 August 2012

And then I got pink eye. Again.

Tagged: Random

Yes, it’s true. And it’s hilarious. Well, the meds may be making me LOL instead of freak out and cry, but it’s true. I have pink eye again. And I have no idea how I got it, considering I’ve been quarantined in my apartment since Monday afternoon.

I have a flair for the dramatic (shock). When I had pink eye last time, I hid myself in a high walled cube at work and refused to let the boy I liked see me in my glasses (NO EYE MAKE UP? THE HORROR!). He thought I was ridiculous and told me I still looked nice (swoon-worthy memory).

And this time, pink eye attached itself to me the same way it did before. Literally out of no where. I woke up and that skank had attached itself to my right eye like the skank whore she really is.

I hate pink eye.

And this morning when I saw it, I had a near anxiety meltdown because that means I’m back in glasses for at least a week, putting drops in my eyes and likely still having this thing on my eye for my birthday next week. That was enough to make me sob.

And instead of sob, I just started laughing. And could not stop. I’ve been breaking out in giggles all day about it because, really it’s kind of hilarious, and ridiculous.

So I’m off to the doctor tomorrow to get some drops and let her laugh at me too. Clearly, this beats having the mouth herpes any day. ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

I hope this is the end of the ridiculousness of this week. Please let it be.

1. Richie Callaghan says:

Viral conjunctivitis is often associated with an infection of the upper respiratory tract, a common cold, and/or a sore throat. Its symptoms include excessive watering and itching. The infection usually begins with one eye, but may spread easily to the other.,:…

With kind thoughts

2. I remember having pink eye as a kid, but I don’t remember anything about what it was like. I hope I never get it again, though.

gah i hate pink eye! hope it’s healed up and you’re all better now. go away pink eye!

4. I mean, might as well get it all out of the way at one time, right?

Sorry you’ve been so sick and have the pink eye. I hate pink eye too. I got it so frequently at one point in my life I just altogether gave up on contacts.

5. allison says:

All you can do is laugh is so right.

mouth herpes?!?

You are hilarious.

6. Lacey Bean says:

I totally got pink eye two weeks ago out of no where! Ridiculous.

7. LWLH says:

Bless your heart./..errr eye..
    Pink eye blows.

8. suki says:

can’t believe you went in to work with it! :p i worked from home the entire week. but yes, definitely better than mouth herpes, lol

9. Caryn says:

All you can do is laugh, because really – crying won’t make it go away any faster. In fact, maybe it would just irritate it more? also, I literally LOL’d at “this beats having mouth herpes”. TRUTH. see, way to look on the bright side!! xoxo

10. Megan says:

I feel your pain, I work in a school and have had pinkeye before. If it makes you feel better I only had to do the drops for 5-6 days before my eyes cleared up so you might be okay for your birthday! The worst part was throwing out brand new (expensive) eye makeup. Sterilize your eyelash curler and good luck!