I wish I could fully explain why this the best word to describe it but everything just went, awesome.
My SIL and I were back in the kitchen and I cannot express or gush enough how great everything went. We were rocking and rolling in the kitchen, rotating, prepping, cooking and baking and then on the actual day, the turkey turned out perfect and everything we prepped the day before still tasted amazingly good.
And every recipe just worked out! I had some doubts about one dish but it was all really good and our guests felt the same way. We keep it simple with our Thanksgiving recipes and that is a-okay with me. We even had the perfect amount of leftovers at the end of the meal.
Here’s the final list and recipe links to what we made:
- Butterball Ready to Roast whole turkey – very tender and tasty
- Butternut Squash soup – Whole Foods’ recipe, absolutely amazing
- Iowa Girl Eats’ Party Potatoes – Grandpa had literally three servings
- Green Bean Casserole from Get This In Your Mouth
- Food Network’s Sausage and Herb Stuffing – Tasty and a nice twist on traditional stuffing
- Steamed green beans
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts, zucchini and onions – This is a yes for any meal
Of course, I left my nicer camera at home so my iPhone was working overtime to capture the meal. Here are a few.
And after all of that deliciousness, it was time for a nap, right Steve?
So yeah, Thanksgiving was awesome. It was good to be home, around family and take a break from Chicago reality. Now, it’s almost December 1! WHAT?
How was your holiday?