14 January 2013

Golden Globes Fashion Recap!

Oh boy it’s my favorite time of year! It’s Award Season!!!!!

And we kicked off this magical time with my favorite of them all, The Golden Globes. Yes, you get TV, movies, people overindulging in champagne and lots of hilarity.

The Oscars may be the Super Bowl of award shows but this is a pretty solid playoff.

And despite getting a little out of control with Tina and Amy’s drinking game on a school night (bad idea), I have to say, I was just a little “whelmed” with the female fashion last night. I hope some people step it up for the Oscars.

But as always, the men were delightful :)

I also really loved Amy and Tina. Seriously, can I get a girls night out with those two??

Let’s get this going and leave your picks for best/worst dressed too!

Favorite Looks

Claire Danes

Marian Cotillard

Amy Poehler

Zosia Mamet

Connie Britton

Olivia Munn

Not So Favorite Looks

Jessica Chastain

Jennifer Lawrence

Jessica Alba

Amy Adams

Taylor Swift

Those are my picks, counting down to the Oscars!

How was everyone’s weekend too?

totally agree with you on all of these! i loved Jen Lawrence’s dress but the boobs, oh the boobs. i’d also add Halle Berry to the bad dress list unfortunately, another ungodly boob situation.

can’t wait to see what the ladies bring for the Oscar’s!

2. allison says:

Wait. J.Lo is off your list?!? Jesus I love that woman. I also liked Alba and Amy Adams too.

3. Caryn says:

I agree with Jennifer Lawrence – I looked at her dress and I wanted to call her Mrs. Clause.

4. nora says:

I didn’t know there was a drinking game. I obviously missed out! Bummer. I am with you, hoping the Oscars feature better fashion choices for some of the ladies out there!

5. I wanted to love Jessica C & Amy A so bad but just couldnt :(

6. Aileen says:

Yeah its my favourite time of the year as well! Am surprised though as I normally pretty much agree with your fave dresses and not so fave but this year we are not really agreeing! I loved Taylor Swift and Jennifer Lawrence and would defo have put Zosia Mamet in the not so favourite. I do agree though that nothing had the WOW factor so I hope they up the ante throughout the rest of the season!

7. Kez says:

Screw the dresses! I want to hang out with (and marry) Tina and Amy!!!! Just cannot get enough of those ladies together!!!!
    I was a little bit underwhelmed with the frocks this year. I did like Lucy Liu’s dress though x

8. hahaha….I loved that you played along with Tina & Amy!

nobody really ‘blew me away’ on the red carpet this year either. everything was pretty much the same as its always been but I did love Tina Fey’s opening monologue blue dress and kristen bell’s cute pregnant self but HATED marion cotillard’s look. the hemline and shoes drove me crazy.