25 February 2013

Oscars Fashion Recap!

Tagged: Random

Happy post Oscars day!!! Yes, last night was the Super Bowl of fashion, and it was fabulous.

I love the Oscars. Not only because I’m a movie buff, but also because I just love the formality and celebration around it. Oscar parties, predictions, pools, etc. LOVE IT.

And last night, there was some pretty good and a few bad pieces of fashion too (this from a girl who is not exactly…”fashionable” all the time).

So below is my list of my favorite and least favorite looks from last night.

Favorites

Sandra Bullock

Stacy Keibler

Jennifer Aniston

Jessica Chastain

Jennifer Hudson

Octavia Spencer

Not So Favorites

Anne Hathaway

Melissa McCarthy

Salma Hayek

Kristen Stewart

I debated not adding KStew because she was on crutches, but seriously, you have a stylist, use them. Same with a curling iron. This is coming from someone who doesn’t know how to use one though. And Anne Hathaway, oh you’ve been knocking it out of the park lately, but this, is just…awful. Like Jessica McClintock circa my teenage years wanting to try on homecoming/prom dresses.

Well, sadly now the Oscars are over until next year :( I don’t know about you, but I’m already looking forward to it!

What were some of your favorites?

1. Caryn says:

Totally agree- Jennifer Aniston and Sandra Bullock were my faves too. I also really liked Naomi Watts. I thought it was really unique and different.

2. LOOOOOVED Kerry Washington, Naomi Watts, and Jessica Chastain. absolutely loved their looks.

I just felt really badly for Melissa McCarthy. Someone should’ve looked out for a better silhouette for her and they definitely should’ve vetoed that hairstyle.

3. allison says:

girl…..how did you leave out my girl Halle Berry?

totally agree with you on everyone except Salma, I really liked hers. i was also a fan of Halle’s. oh how i do love good gowns.

I agree with your choices, too! When I saw Selma Hayek’s dress I just thought, “The 90s called. They want their dress back.”

6. Stevie says:

Totally agree with you on all of these, but I would like to add my very favorite best dressed to the list: Naomi Watts. I thought she looked flawless.

7. RebeccaC says:

JB…I miss your biting commentary about the duds!! I agree with all of your opinions but miss your wit! Give me that sass, girl!

8. I think that Naomi Watts absolutely killed it with her dress. Perfection. Period. Not getting what wasn’t to love about it. I loved Zoe Saldana and Nicole Kidmans dresses but in my opinion it was Naomi by a mile. I also loved how Kristin Stewart was a hot mess, and Jennifer Lawrence looked great even falling over.

9. I like all the ones you liked — I also liked Jennifer Lawrence’s too, despite her inability to climb stairs in it. If I had a body like hers, I would totally want to wear it too (and I would totally trip up stairs too)

I want Kristen Stewart to just go away.

10. Karen says:

I liked Stacy Kiebler’s dress, but I loved Zoe Saldana’s dress.

11. I must start by saying I was disappointed with Anne Hathaway’s dress :( Apparently she chose it at the last minute and it wasn’t her usual designer? Maybe that impulse choice wasn’t so good.
    I am also impressed that Jen Aniston wore something with a pop of colour!
    I liked Jennifer Lawrence’s dress a lot – she wore it well. Although, I’ve just seen Silver Linings Playbook so I don’t know if I’m just biased because I LOVED her in the movie!
    I love your recaps – they’re my favourite ones!