Hello everyone! Yes, it’s been a little bit again since I updated here, but, well, things have been busy.
And they’re still busy, so I wanted to take a few minutes to check in here and post a few updates because it’s March! What? How did that happen?
- I GOT PROMOTED AT WORK. Yes, in case you don’t follow me on Facebook or Twitter, it’s true. I am officially a Vice President. I opted not to tell a lot of people about the news, probably because it still doesn’t feel real. But it is, and hopefully will keep being as exciting as it feels now
- First race of 2014 is in three weeks! I’m running the Shamrock Shuffle 8K in Chicago. First time doing that race and I feel pretty ready. Just hoping it’s warmer out and/or no snow on the ground this time
- So, the good news with my promotion is that I get more vacation days! But, that means I have A LOT to use in a short amount of time so….to celebrate the promotion I am hitting the road and visiting Paris, Bordeaux and Amsterdam. I went to Paris about two years ago and just loved it. And I’m excited to go back (and of course, indulge in French food and wine)
- Unrelated, I am OVER winter. Seriously, I need this to just end. Hopefully now that we’ve moved the clocks forward, that will help
- I AM GOING TO BE AN AUNTIE!!! We find out before the end of the month if I will have a niece or nephew. And I cannot wait. Once I know the sex, it’ll be SHOPPING TIME. I’m at an 11, I am so excited
- Finally, I am addicted to Redbox. Thanks to winter and the cold, I have been hibernating a bit more and catching up on movies I’ve missed, such as: Don Jon, Captain Phillips, Spectacular Now and Dallas Buyers Club. Some have been better than others, but for $1.20 each, no complaints here
How are you guys? What’s new with you?!